Here is a sample job description template for the position of Research Engineer:
Job Title: Research Engineer
Location of the Job: Northborough, MA 01532
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Saint-Gobain is a leading worldwide producer of abrasives, building materials, high-performance plastics, insulation, flat glass, glass containers, piping, reinforcements and industrial ceramics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- participate with customer’s process improvement teams;
- establish baselines of current manufacturing/business processes, develop process improvement and sustainability improvement roadmaps, and plan future states;
- interview process operators/owners, document complex business and manufacturing processes, validate data collected and present results to project team and/or customer via process maps, meeting notes, PowerPoint presentations, etc;
- lead and assist in client’s needs in the areas of lean/six sigma, quality systems implementation, energy efficiency, technology acceleration, supply chain development, facility layouts, and others;
- lead and participate in brainstorming, planning meetings, analysis, and implementation of best manufacturing practices.
- Knowledge of contemporary security concepts and problems
- TCP/IP networking and common networking hardware
- C/C++ on Windows and Win32 API/internals
- Candidates should be highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment that rewards technical excellence.
Salary: $11.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE