Following is a sample job description template for the position of Residential Worker:
Job Title: Residential Worker
Location of the job: Menlo Park, NJ 08818
Years of Experience: 1+ to 2 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Associate Degree
We are seeking Residential Aide / Direct Care Worker
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects, sorts, and counts laundry and prepares laundry slips for soiled sheets, towels, pillow cases, and blankets.
- Meal reminders, Companionship, Bathing assistance, Dressing and grooming, Bedtime assistance
- Makes beds, changing linens according to set schedules. Changes soiled beds, ensuring that mattresses are washed and aired out and bed frames are sanitized.
- Washes the inside and outside of windows and screens according to set schedules.
- Light housekeeping, Laundry, Meal preparation and monitoring
- Cleans and sterilizes bedpans and other equipment as indicated.
- Empties waste receptacles, trash cans, and so forth.
- Knowledge of cleaning and washing windows, screens, and floors, waxing and polishing floors, and dusting furniture.
- Knowledge of the preparation and use of types of laundering compounds and solutions.
- Knowledge of and skill in the proper operation and maintenance of washers, dryers, presses, and other laundry equipment.
- Knowledge of the use of laundry soaps, detergents, bleaches, and other compounds.
- Knowledge of the procedures, materials, and equipment used in large scale laundries and/or linen rooms.
- Knowledge of the proper use and minor adjustment of sweepers, vacuum cleaners, floor waxers and polishers, and other equipment.
- Knowledge of general safety precautions to be observed.