If you are looking for help to build a job description for the position of Safety Manager, here is a sample template for the same. We hope, you’ll find it useful.
Job Title: Safety Manager
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The purpose of this position is to implement and administer the plant Health and Safety program addressing all areas of operations in compliance with State and Federal OSHA requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audits facility for safety compliance to Federal and State regulations as well as Company requirements
- Act as Company representative at workers’ compensation hearings
- Develop Safety Coordinator, Team Leaders, and Department Managers through coaching, feedback, and continued training activities to assist them in developing skills necessary to execute their health and safety responsibilities.
- Manage Health and Safety related communication flow and coordination between departments
- Act as consultant to the leadership team and hourly associates for all safety and health issues.
- Lead and/or participate in problem solving activities regarding safety and process concerns
- Ensure a safe workplace for all associates and visitors
- Recommend and implement the resolution of corrective actions to facilitate continuous improvement in Health and Safety programs.
- Establish, implement, and ensure compliance in investigating and reporting incidents involving injuries, property damage, and near misses
- Develop, promote, and maintain a Health and Safety Management system including policies, programs, and processes designed to identify hazards, assess risks
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities
- Knowledge of behavior based safety programs
- Highly proactive and self-motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of applicable federal and state safety and health regulations
- Moderate to advanced computer skills
- 5 or more years of professional experience in health and safety management in a manufacturing environment
- BS Degree or advanced degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Engineering, or relevant area of study from an accredited college
Salary: $13.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE