A sample job description template for the position of Shipping Coordinator is given below:
Job Title: Shipping Coordinator
Location of the job: Omaha, NE 68198
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Door frame manufacturer in the San Fernando Valley has an immediate opening for full time Traffic and Shipping Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers alike.
- Ability to effectively verify quantities on shipping documents to match sales order.
- Work closely with Customer Service and project managers, to process, expedite requests, or resolve shipping issues.
- Ability to calculate weights and pallet counts in order to ensure accurate inventory or product shipped.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and negotiate shipments with carriers.
- Familiarity with freight allowances and ability to generate bills of lading.
- Maintain records of shipments, weights etc and redirect records to appropriate areas.
- Maintain hour by hour board.
- Communicate with internal and external customers order status (weights and dims).
- Process pump and spares parts shipments in a timely manner through the daily order management program, prioritized by CRD.
- Insure all activities are within the boundaries of SOX and intercompany compliance.
- HS Graduate
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- 1 year of logistics experience.