This sample job description template for the position of Shop Manager is intended to serve as guidance only; please make necessary changes to reflect the actual requirements of the position in your organization.
Job Title: Shop Manager
Location of the Job: Mahwah, NJ 07430
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
This individual would be responsible for supervising production personnel while maintaining a visible profile on the production floor to insure quality/safety. Make sure all work stations are in sync and on schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that proper staffing is in place to meet the department’s responsibilities.
- Evaluates the business impact and makes all equipment maintenance decisions on repairs that are completed on equipment that is not performed in a Knight facility.
- Manages all areas in the maintenance department.
- Manages the maintenance procurement and purchasing functions which requires that the position seeks out and makes agreements with outside vendors in their area of responsibility to help maintain their equipment.
- Handles employee issues and ensures that these issues are solved in a timely and effective manner.
- Exhibits a thorough knowledge of Federal DOT regulatory requirements and Company Maintenance Policies to ensure that all of the correct safety procedures are being followed in the shop and maintenance areas.
- Manages and evaluates shop and maintenance employee performance by conducting performance reviews and giving corrective feedback to achieve the required level of performance when necessary.
- Accountable to ensure that the proper record keeping requirements are being followed per Federal DOT regulatory requirements.
- Accountable to ensure the equipment is maintained in ordinance to Federal DOT regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of AS/400 operating system, TMT and MS Word Systems.
- Reasoning ability-Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Maintenance and management experience in a related shop position.
- Leadership ability-Demonstrated skills in internship settings that exhibit desired leadership competencies and abilities.
- Exhibits characteristics of a winning attitude and commitment to excel and compete in a winning and challenging environment and culture.
- Communications ability-Effective oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Analytical ability-Ability to apply concepts of basic math and analysis of complex business and customer problems.
- Education or experience in a transportation/equipment maintenance environment.
Salary: $11.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE