Following is a sample job description template for the position of Social Media Specialist:
Job Title: Social Media Specialist
Location of the Job: Santa Ana, CA 92701
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
If social media is your specialty then we’d like to hear from you! This new role will have as its focus the development and execution of social media campaigns for our advertising customers across numerous business categories.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to internal status meetings and external partner meetings
- Ensuring all social media strategies and initiatives are in line with overall client marketing plan/objectives and TrueAction company vision.
- Contribute to PowerPoint presentations and other TrueAction Social Media collateral
- Serve as primary content developer for social media landscape developments, POV’s and other content
- Support new business development and strategic planning efforts
- Support other TrueAction departments and senior leadership team as needed
- Manage relationships with select social media vendors other third parties on behalf of your TrueAction clients
- Define and track performance of campaigns and initiatives. Provide thorough analysis of social media campaigns via in-house and 3rd party toolsets
- Assist with continued development and promotion of TrueAction’s Social Media practice and thought leadership
- Attend and share learnings from tradeshows, conferences and meetups as needed
- Stay current with all Social Media industry developments and best practices.
- Assist with management and development of interns and interactive marketing associates
- Provide complete management of Social Media campaigns against defined success metrics
- Familiar with industry standard management tools and third party services such as Cision, Radian6, etc.
- Working knowledge of technology, operations and sales.
- Ability to use PR Tools/measures and systems e.g., Cision, VMS video monitoring, Google Alerts/ Analytics
- PR event management experience helpful.
- Participates in Social Media sites and has strong understanding of current and emerging social media channels.
- Knowledge of online public relations strategy.
- Minimum 3-5 years in public relations/communications
- In-depth knowledge of Social Media Tools and Techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 Hourly DOE