Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Software Specialist:
Job Title: Software Specialist
Location of the Job: Natick, MA 01760
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Developing software at Epic means you’ll get to push the boundaries of your technical prowess, do things you never thought you could – and improve healthcare in the process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and modify shell scripts as required.
- Assist in developing, testing, documenting and implementing system failure and recovery procedures.
- Provide performance and capacity planning support of existing hardware and operating systems
- Will perform systems software and hardware installations and upgrades as well as overall system administration and management.
- Develop and maintain documentation including project plans and project lifecycle related documentation specific to the installation of hardware, peripherals, and system software.
- Will be responsible for AIX systems and servers supporting company-wide critical applications.
- Other duties include problem resolution, job scheduling coordination with Data Center operations, administration of user account profiles and system backup and recovery processes.
- OZONE experience is a huge plus
- REST service
- Familiarity with Ajax technology
- HTML CSS
- 2-5 years of software development experience
- Expert understanding of ExtJS
- Past or present clearance is a huge plus
- US citizen and ability to obtain a clearance
Salary: $13.00 – $16.00 Hourly DOE