Here is a sample job description template for the position of Supply Specialist.
Job Title: Supply Specialist
Location of the job: Charlotte, 28241
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Medical Supply Specialist is responsible for implementing and coordinating the On-Site Supply Delivery System service for patients who choose CCS Medical as their supplier and to maximize outside marketing in their assigned territory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaison for engineering and supply base problem resolution
- Promotes and contributes to domestic and global cost reduction opportunities
- Effects savings through technological developments and materials
- Provides on-going research for better and less costly processes and suppliers
- Drives the sourcing of new products
- Communicates engineering changes to supply base and ensures compliance
- Promotes design for manufacturability within GATD by exploring alternatives and presenting to design and Ops management
- Responsible for quoting and procuring tooling used to produce castings/forgings; molds and stampings. This includes first article approval process.
- Maintains GATD owned tooling records.
- Supports engineering in the re-design of existing products
- Supports Global Sourcing in make/buy decisions
- Determines current and potential suppliers capabilities and matches with GATD’s needs
- Providing support to new product development teams while identifying and minimizing potential supply base problems
- Directing special projects involving product/process quality improvement
- Facilitating cross-functional efforts to improve cost, quality and reliability of custom supplied parts
- Developing supplier quality plans for key supply partners and OEM’s associated with GATD’s products
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment
- Team-focused attitude
- Possesses strong assertiveness and motivational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Strong prioritizing and multi-tasking skills
- Strong ability to work independently
- Strong organization and self-motivational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes