The job of a Switchboard Operator involves answering incoming calls in a polite and professional manner. Following is a sample job description template for this position.
Job Title: Switchboard Operator
Years of Experience: 2+ to 4 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
Switchboard operator for an auto dealership. Must be flexible to work late nights and weekends. Operates switchboard, routing calls and placing outgoing calls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Refrain from causing or contributing to disruption in the workplace.
- Professionally administer incoming calls via a multi-line PBX system
- Effectively work and cooperate with supervisors, co-workers and clients.
- Review daily check log for accuracy.
- Process return mail for all clients
- Log incoming mail and overnight mail.
- Responsible for maintaining certified mail scan log and attaching documents to claim records.
- Greet guests and applicants in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner.
- Retrieve and provide claim numbers for incoming calls.
- Maintain applicant flow log.
- Committed to working the shift hired which includes weekends and holidays
- Proactive and accountable at all times
- Strong technical skills
- A work ethic that demonstrates a sincere interest in enhancing the lives of others
- Intermediate Computer Skills
- Excellent, sincere communication skills
- Prior experience in PBX, Dispatch, or Call Center (at least 6 months or more)
Salary: 12.00 – 15.00 USD per hour