Here is a sample job description template for the position of Tax Manager:
Job Title: Tax Manager
Location of the Job: Reston, VA 22096
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Princeton based service company seeks Tax Manager to join team. The Tax Manager is a newly created position and will be responsible for Tax Accounting as well as review of both International and Domestic compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research complex tax accounting issues and document such research results and conclusions.
- Oversee the review/audit processes by the external auditors;
- Sustain and build positive working relationships with internal and external auditors as well as third-party providers.
- Coordinate and manage the daily functioning of the Tax department staff;
- Conduct extensive research on latest developments in tax.
- Comply with all Sarbanes-Oxley policies and procedures.
- Work with commercial organization in structuring of contractual arrangements with customers;
- Responsible for deferred tax accounting and domestic and international tax provisions;
- Advise management regarding tax impact of potential acquisitions and divestitures and international activities;
- Review corporate tax returns for completeness and accuracy; evaluate the tax impact of current or proposed activities, transactions, policies or procedures;
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field;
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Demonstrated analytical and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Minimum 5 years experience with sales/property taxes.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
Salary: $12.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE