The following sample job description template for the position of Technology Manager can be used to prepare a real JD for this opening in your organization:
Job Title: Technology Manager
Location of the Job: MADISON, WI 53706
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Emerging Technology Manager will provide IT with future vision and expertise in the research and deployment of emerging technology solutions for our current and future business applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the safe operation of all pilot and lab equipment; maintain state-of-the art equipment to develop new process technologies
- Champion process enabled new product innovation by collaborating with innovation and materials teams as well as leveraging external expertise
- Promote external recognition of team by encouraging participation/publication in conferences
- Lead the establishment of a vital patent portfolio and ensure freedom to practice key technologies
- Manage and track quarterly/annual budgets and support business commitments
- Drive competitive benchmarking of technologies and products to clearly define competitive advantage and gaps
- Develop a technical vision and strategy for the process team aligned with overall business and technology strategy
- Establish an operating rhythm for project reviews with cross-functional teams focused on milestones, deliverables and issues
- Lead NPI and process excellence technology reviews with Quartz and Ceramics business teams; drive stage-gate processes for key NPIs
- Recruit and staff team as required; motivate and coach team to perform at maximum potential
- Experience with critical sustainment processes, security policy development and project management procedures.
- Experience working with log management, security monitoring and Security incident/event management tools such as: Cisco, Splunk, Mazu, Tripwire, Symantec, Qualys and Archer
- Strong expertise working with security monitoring tools, network/security devices and core infrastructure (compute, storage, applications) – i.e. Cisco, HP, IBM, CA, EMC
- Experience in leading a team of SOC Management Analysts in day to day operations.
- Experience in a security role with a strong working knowledge and understanding of information security frameworks, incident management, operations and application security best practices.
- Proven leadership skills including: effective oral and written communication, performance management, issue resolution, negotiation, motivating others, forecasting and planning.
- 5+years working with in a Network or Security Operations Center in a global enterprise
- 7+ years experience working in an information security or risk management related field.
Salary: $11.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE