Find below a sample job description template for the position of Technology Specialist:
Job Title: Technology Specialist
Location of the Job: Duncanville, TX 75116
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Basic set up and operation of large and small-scale audiovisual systems for live events while ensuring the utmost in client satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- During the summer provides technology classes, supports curriculum work and prepares for new teacher training.
- Attends conferences, workshops, webinars and KRESA meetings. Reviews listservs and collaborative networks.
- Reviews and learns new software, online web 2.0 technologies, websites, and online professional development opportunities that support student learning.
- Maintains and supports district technology software, Intranet, and subscription sites. Creates and manages staff eBoard.
- Works with teachers to integrate technology into the classroom.
- Prepares brochures, handouts, staff technology newsletter and communications.
- Provides Professional Development and support in technology integration to the classroom teacher. Provides training at new teacher orientation and at buildings for all necessary functions. Provides one on one training.
- Works with team leaders and department chairs, CIC and curriculum revision teams, computer teachers, media specialists, and teacher groups to realign curriculum to meet state technology standards. Designs and evaluates 8th grade assessment instrument. Works on IB-MYP projects.
- Supports existing projects, creates new projects, tests new technologies, collaborates with staff and works with students.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Portrays a polished professional image to meet company dress code requirements
- Must be able to accommodate a rotating work schedule to include nights and weekends.
- Excellent customer service skills proven through demonstrated ability to interact well with people and help others.
- Technical aptitude and basic understanding of how to use audiovisual equipment and computer hardware and software.
- High School Diploma Required; Bachelors Degree Preferred
Salary: $16.00 – $19.00 Hourly DOE