Following is a sample job description template for the position of Water Treatment Specialist.
Job Title: Water Treatment Specialist
Location of the Job: Tempe, AZ 85287
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Facilities Development and Management, Central Plant, seeks a Water Treatment Maintenance Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates verbally and in writing.
- lifts/carries up to 75 pounds; drives University vehicles/trucks and/or electric carts.
- inventories and stores chemical products;
- operates and maintains reverse osmosis units to purify and treat water used in research laboratories;
- maintains records and databases utilizing MS Word and Excel for all water tests;
- repairs and maintains pumps, meters, hoses, filters, plumbing parts, chemical distribution systems and related equipment;
- inspects, disassembles and repairs damaged or malfunctioning control devices for water distribution systems;
- replaces defective parts or installs new control devices to maintain quality of water treatment;
- Tests and analyzes water samples to maintain proper chemical levels in boilers, cooling towers and chill water systems.
- Knowledge of: Lab safety procedures; MS Word and Excel; Customer service skills. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- maintaining records/databases; operation of forklift.
- Two years experience in conducting analysis and testing of water samples
- operation of reverse osmosis unit;
- Demonstrated experience in: making appropriate changes to chemical feed rates from results of tests to maintain high quality water for boilers, towers and chill water systems.