In order to help you prepare a job description for the post of welding engineer, a sample template is given below.
Job Title: Welding Engineer
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
We are a global leader in our served markets, providing mission-critical technology solutions for our customers in the form of a wide range of products and services. We currently have an opening for a Welding Engineer at our manufacturing facility located in northwest Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and coordinate the release of funds for equipment and tooling
- Participate in cost estimating
- Apply and participate in BOP (Bill of Process) workshops
- Participate in simultaneous engineering and design for manufacturing
- Maintain engineering documentation – e., PFD (Process Flow Diagrams), PCP (Process Control Plans), SPC (Statistical Process Control), etc.
- Coordinate and implement process development projects
- Initiate and/or perform process analysis – e., PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis), DFM (Design for Manufacture/Assembly), etc.
- Contribute ideas and concepts
- Define manufacturing process specifications and requirements
- Schedule, plan, and prioritize projects
- A Bachelor’s degree in Welding Engineering, Materials Engineering or the related field engineering.
- Computer Experience in the Microsoft Office Programs.
- AWS certification or CWI helpful.
- Must be detail-oriented, have great written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Flux Cored Arc Welding, other welding processes plus.
- Certifications of ISO 9001, ABS, LR, BV, GL, DNV, RINA, CWB etc.
- A team player with high integrity and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to interact with a supervisor and customers.
- Must be an aggressive self-starter and have a strong work ethic.
Salary: $11.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE