Following is a sample job description template for the position of Wholesale Buyer:
Job Title: Wholesale Buyer
Location of the Job: Attleboro, MA, 02703
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
We are seeking a experienced, wholesale distribution Buyer who is talented, driven and ready for a new challenge in a fast paced, growth oriented company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate and confirm purchase orders. Process returns and bill backs.
- Maintain vendor files with current price lists, promotional schedules, product information and other pertinent correspondence.
- Utilize system reports to analyze results and identify opportunities for increased sales and profit
- Perform category analysis, forecast needs based on seasonality and demand
- Ensure all negotiated promotional programs with vendors are achieved and promotional programs are completed on time
- Integrate new vendors to company; Set up new items and suppliers in accordance with company programs
- Seek opportunities for future growth and success.
- Manage inventories of assigned suppliers to ensure target service levels, margins and turns are achieved.
- ERP software understanding and knowledge a plus
- Able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Experienced in Microsoft Outlook, and advanced level Excel skills
- Microsoft Access database experience a plus.
- Strong organizational, analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities concurrently, see tasks and projects to completion
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years experience in a buying position ideally in wholesale or retail distribution.
Salary: $12.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE