Find below a sample job description template for the position of Scientific Officer:
Job Title: Scientific Officer
Location of the Job: Newtown, PA7856
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Tiro Group, an Executive Search Firm specializing in the pharmaceutical and healthcare arena is currently looking for a Director, Scientific Services for an established and growing medical communications company in NYC.
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects from conception to completion, working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of reference and bibliographic software.
- Skill in using medical/scientific computer databases to search and collect information.
- Familiarity with ICMJE, AMA, GPP, and other standards;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Pharmaceutical industry, scientific/clinical research, or clinical drug development experience or medical communications agency experience. Lead author of multiple clinical/scientific manuscripts and formal acknowledgment in clinical publications desirable.
- Prefer advanced scientific degree and 2-plus years experience writing clinical publications including primary data manuscripts
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct strategic planning, including development of publication plans
- Attend scientific/client meetings
- Provide writing support for projects
- Working and interacting with faculty and KOL’s
- Support new business pitches
- Assist in mentoring writers
- Ensure quality standards of writing staff and freelancers
- Oversee work of other writers
- Provide scientific direction internally to writing staff and account team and externally to clients and authors
Salary: 75,000.00 – 130,000.00 USD /year