Find below a sample job description template for the position of Storage Architect:
Job Title: Storage Architect
Location of the Job: Chicago, IL 60008
Job Type: Full Time Employee
The Senior Storage Architect will be responsible for ensuring that NetSpend’s critical storage systems are scalable for future growth. As a senior member of the Information Technology team, this position reports directly to the Director of IT Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure adequate storage for Oracle RAC/ASM database servers
- The candidate will be required to publish various white papers and best practices resulting from their validation efforts.
- Candidate must be able to transfer the storage architecture requirements into a solution configuration that will be installed and configured.
- Responsible for the designing, testing, building, monitoring, and administration of all NetSpend Information Technology storage systems.
- Perform capacity planning for production, data warehouse, reporting, and other systems to include storage, memory, CPU, and load
- Candidate must be versatile, long-term visionary, a team-player, and enjoys working with new technologies in a fast-paced technology environment.
- Candidate must also take the architecture requirements and be able to plan and develop a validation strategy and schedule for testing the solution before releasing to production.
- 3+ years experience designing, implementing and managing virtual storage environments; hands on experience with Hitachi USPV or HP XP
- Strong track record in using and configuring Solaris, Redhat Linux, clustering software applications and scalable storage clusters, including tiered storage solutions (disk-to-disk-tape).
- 5+ years experience in Systems and/or Network Administration
- 5+ years experience in capacity planning systems and storage in a “real-time” or near “real-time” environment
- Strong leadership abilities and team-oriented, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years experience in administering, troubleshooting, and supporting EMC DMX/CX class storage systems and ECC
Salary: $95,000 – $120,000/ Annually