Find below a sample job description template for the position of Utility Clerk Departmental:
Job Title: Utility Clerk, Departmental
Salary: $13.81-$16.85 every hour / $2,401-$2,931 monthly / Range: 4596
- Under general supervision, delivers mail and supplies to departmental facilities;
- Performs store-keeping and inventory maintenance, and minor maintenance repair duties;
- Performs a variety of related duties as required.
Utility Clerks perform a variety of duties within a specific department, and are assigned to support service areas. This class differs from the Mail Center Worker in that the latter’s primary assignment is to provide countywide US mail services.
Education and Training:
- A combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to the employment standard listed above and that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- One year of experience performing one of the following: mailroom services; courier/delivery services; storekeeping; or shipping and receiving;
- Possession of a California Class C Driver’s License is required at the time of appointment and must be kept valid throughout the term of employment.
- Some positions in this class may require the incumbent to obtain a Class B license.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Basic recordkeeping and arithmetic;
- Safe work and driving practices.