Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Business Development Officer:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Location of the Job: Sharon, MA 02067
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Sharon Credit Union is a rapidly growing financial institution with offices in Sharon, Mansfield, East Walpole, Foxboro and North Attleboro. Our mission is to provide a full range of financial services to our members at competitive rates while emphasizing financial soundness, convenience and efficient friendly service.
- Familiarity with the interpretation of business financial statements.
- A basic understanding of Small Business Lending.
- Working knowledge of bank business loan products and services.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills with all levels of clients and management.
- Ability to recognize customer needs and match them to bank products.
- A proven track record to meet and/or exceed sales targets and close sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, processes, techniques, delivery schedules, etc.
- Develop and maintains professional contacts and technical knowledge by reviewing industry and trade publications;
- Develops new sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential new customers; soliciting new accounts;
- Identifies and recommends potential revisions and/or upgrades to current services, processes and techniques that could take advantage of new sales opportunities.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual customer analyses.
- Resolves customer issues by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Services existing customer accounts by visiting and building rapport with key contacts; identifies current and future customer requirements, and develops new sales opportunities within these existing accounts.
Salary: 850.00 – 1000.00 USD /week