Following is a sample job description template for the position of Docket Clerk:
Job Title: Docket Clerk
Location of the Job: Washington, DC 20004
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Multi-city law firm with main office in Century City seeks a litigation docket clerk to join their expanding department. Position is available because of an uptick of the caseload level.
- Ability to box and transfer files weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Close attention to detail and a commitment to performing quality work
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of FileSite and familiarity with District Court CM/ECF docket retrieval a plus
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment
- A proven self-starter with the ability to work independently
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains system operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Collects fees and fines by accepting payment.
- Obtains information for the court by contacting witnesses, attorneys, and litigants.
- Informs attorneys and parties to the case by explaining procedures and forms; notifying them when to appear.
- Organizes court schedule by preparing case docket.
- Affirms witnesses’ determination to provide truthful information by administering oath.
- Organizes documents by preparing case folders.
- Admits documents by confirming adherence to law and court procedures.
Salary: 45,000.00 – 60,000.00 USD /year