Here is a sample job description template for the position of Legal Secretary:
Job Title: Legal Secretary
Location of the Job: Greenville, SC 29601
Our client, a large national law firm, is looking for a legal secretary who is fluent in Korean. Experience as a legal secretary at a large firm is preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including professional phone etiquette and the ability to draft complex written correspondence.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems.
- Excellent internal/external customer interactive skills.
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology, procedures and practices as well as overall general knowledge of the insurance industry and the business units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules and coordinates attorney and case load calendars.
- Organizes and maintains all electronic and other files and legal archives.
- May assist in gathering and organizing exhibits, documents, trial data and other materials in response to subpoenas, discovery requests, interrogatories, motions for summary judgment etc.
- May draft, prepare and distribute legal correspondence and memos under management direction.
- Handles all aspects of document preparation.
Salary: $13,000.00 – $15,000.00 /year