Here is a sample job description template for the position of Purchasing Officer:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Location of the Job: North Carolina, NC96325
Job Type: Full Time Employee
- Chemical industry experience a plus
- A college degree in business or related field
- Decision making and problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer Service experience
- Accounting practices as applied to procurement procedures
- Office management principles, practices and procedures
- Purchasing methods and procedures
- Demonstrated track record of success in a similar role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expedite or delay scheduled deliveries based on needs of the plant.
- Communicate with Bekaert team members to discuss ongoing activities.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials when necessary.
- Utilize returns/claims function within SAP.
- Advise requisitioner of updated delivery dates on all late purchase orders.
- Review open purchase order report and follow-up on any late deliveries.
- Review purchase order confirmations to ensure order is accurate and that delivery schedule can be met by the vendor.
- Maintain purchasing system following Bekaert guidelines and procedures.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders and change notices.
- Create purchase orders within SAP from requisitions or contracts.
Salary: 14,000.00 – 16,000.00 USD /year