Here is a sample job description template for the position of Recovery Officer:
Job Title: Recovery Officer
Location of the Job: Hershey, PA 19123
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Gift of Life Donor Program, the non-profit agency serving eastern Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey and Delaware, is responsible for recovering and distributing organ and tissues used in life-saving and life-enhancing transplants.
- Must possess demonstrated excellent organizational and management/time management skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal skill set including negotiating skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a United States citizen and meet language proficiency. Bi-lingual ability is an asset in communicating with family members who are not proficient in English.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science is preferred or a minimum of 5 years experience associated with helping others in military, such as First Sergeant, Command Chief, Commander, or a wide range or personnel and benefits counseling experience;
- Military experience in the specific DoD command is preferred, but not required for consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages assigned projects
- Chiefly responsible for reviewing provider dispute documentation for accuracy of original claim and recovering associated overpayments found during an audit
- Creates weekly analysis of case log, working with PR Manager to ensure appropriate rate of closure
- Extensive research on insurance policies, provider billing manuals and provider contracts
- Communicates directly with providers regarding disputes
- Manages own PR case work load, ensuring expedient resolution for all provider disputes
- Reviews and resolves provider disputes in a timely manner consistent with the goals of Ingenix and its clients
- Summarizes and documents specifics of the review
Salary: 10,000.00 – 35,000.00 USD /year