Accounting clerk is responsible to obtain the financial data and to maintain the accounting records of a business for management purpose. Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Accounting Clerk.
Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Location of the Job: ____________________
Years of Experience: ___________________
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: ______________________
Working Hours: _______________________
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To accumulate all the checks and invoices,
- To keep the records of all business transactions
- To verify the funds dispatched and received by using computer or calculator.
- The cost of lost or damaged goods, shipment charges, rents, refunds all will be stored under the accounting clerk.
- The person will have to type checks, invoices, reports, vouchers, account statements and other important daily records by using computer or typewriter.
- Responsible to calculate and distribute salaries and wages.
- Will have to work as a support for the group finance technical department.
- Responsible to check customers’ credit ratings.
Required Skills and Qualities:
- Should have the aptitude with figures.
- He/She should be good in finalization of accounts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Should be self motivated
- Should be able to work being a part of a team
- Should have decision making skills.