Find below a sample job description template for the position of Advertising Manager. It will help you prepare the final JD for this position in your organization.
Job Title: Advertising Manager
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
MaineToday Media Inc., an innovative New England communication company publishing three daily newspapers, one weekly newspaper and fourteen web sites, has an immediate opening for an Advertising Manager in our Waterville, Maine location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and monitors the overall production schedules to ensure all deadlines are met
- Oversees work done by suppliers, including arranging photography, attending press checks, selecting premiums and scheduling outside additional resources when needs require, such as programmers and freelance art directors
- Prepares and issues purchase orders
- Provides detailed specifications to outside suppliers to obtain quotes, working with others at the agency
- Estimates all the services the agency delivers by calculating in-house costs from various departments and requesting quotes from outside sources
- Leads the Production Department to ensure all projects are delivered on time, within budget and of the highest quality possible
- The ability to prepare fiscal quarterly projections, ensure the timeliness of media rate input, and oversee invoicing to clients a must.
- In addition, candidates must understand their responsibilities, and be able to establish and maintain productive work relationships.
- Must be focused on achieving goals, have an upbeat attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent prospecting and communication skills a must.
- Candidates must be proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
- A BA/BS degree, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and at least 2 years of advertising sales experience required;
Salary: $13.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE