Find below a sample job description for the position of Art Director:
The art director has to design and create the visual presentations for communication medium. He also has to oversee and organize the work of graphic designers and make certain that their completed product reflects a united theoretical approach to the project. The art director reviews the used material in the company’s project because this appears in the newspapers and other digital and printing media. Overall they have to decide the best possible information visually which is an eye catching, appealing and well organized.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet the account management team to discuss the client’s requirements.
- Gain an understanding of the potential clients.
- Work closely with the copywriter to generate creative ideas and concepts to fulfill the client’s ideas.
- Meet with the creative director before presenting ideas to the company’s clients.
- Present ideas to clients.
- Present and make the sketches and storyboards to communicate ideas to the client.
- Hire photographers to work the projects.
- Visit and assess the locations for potential shoots for the company’s products.
- Attending meetings at production houses and with other directors.
- Working in editing suites to oversee the finished product.
- Advise and review the work of the art team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Should have a high school certificate.
- Applicant must have taken courses in art, mechanical drawing or drafting, and photography.
- Candidate’s post secondary education may include a program at least a two year college Program at a special art school.
- Must have knowledge of graphic design, typography, design, layout and photography.