Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Automotive Service Manager:
Job Title: Automotive Service Manager
Location of the Job: Delaware, OH 43015
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Service Manager is responsible for the customer focused and efficient operation of the service department. The Service Manager will operate the department at maximum production, controlling costs, building a loyal client base, maintaining excellent employee relationships as well as setting and obtaining objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains documentation, including PO, invoices, work orders, reports,etc.
- Enforce safety standards in facility, lot, and other JDB properties
- Works with Store Controller to ensure appropriate parts inventory is maintained
- Coordinate business issues with Sales, CNAC, and Asset Management.
- Conduct daily DOC meeting and other communications, as necessary
- Manage efficient workflow within service center
- Build value of JD Byrider program during customer communication
- Review notes on Discover system to stay abreast of account status
- Coordinate control of inventory levels and quality with Managing Partner and Asset Management
- Interview candidates, develop, coach, and motivate staff
- Organize and oversee activities of Lot Attendants, Service Assistant, Detailers, and Service Technicians
- High standards for him/herself and for his/her Team
- A hard-working can-do attitude
- Experience with implementing structured business processes
- At least 5 years of automotive management and automotive customer service experience
Salary: $12.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE