Here is a sample job description template for the position of Behavior Specialist:
Job Title: Behavior Specialist
Location of the Job: Bronx, NY 10460
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Our Allegheny County Autism & DD program currently has the need for a Behavior Specialist Consultant. The BSC works in collaboration with other members of the treatment team, designs, directs, and evaluates the implementation of the treatment plan which is individualized to each child and to family needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Crisis management training
- Crisis intervention
- Classroom management
- Direct support to classroom teams on behavior reduction
- Behavior Intervention Plans
- Functional assessments
- Training to staff on the principles of applied behavior analysis
- Autism, MH/MR, and/or family therapy experience preferred.
- Applicant must have valid PA driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, and all appropriate clearances.
- Masters degree in a human services field and three to five years experience working with children and families with special needs.
Salary: $15.00 – $18.00 Hourly DOE