Following is a sample job description template for the position of Behavioral Health Specialist:
Job Title: Behavioral Health Specialist
Location of the Job: Johnstown, PA 15904
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Behavioral Health Specialist (BHS) is responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring effective individualized mental health programs for each assigned student.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives program’s vehicles as requested
- Attend weekly/monthly supervision and staff meetings
- Escort residents to hospital, doctor, dentist, home visit and/or court appearances on behalf of facility and family
- Properly and accurately dispenses all medication and documents in Medical Log
- Communicate and coordinate with outside agencies, providers, parents, guardians and others as designated by Program Director.
- Complete resident intake forms and complete all tasks associated with new admission
- Accurately record all information required, i.e., daily log, critical incident reports, etc.
- Conduct authorized room searches of residents, property, common areas and lockers.
- Attend and participate in treatment/behavior management team meetings with staff.
- Supervise, observe and participate with residents to carry out daily routines
- Serve as primary Counselor and support person for all residents
- Assist residents in resolving personal problems and/or conflicts by responding in a therapeutic and supportive way to provide them with alternatives to unacceptable or negative behaviors
- Pennsylvania Driver’s License and safe driving record
- Necessary State and FBI Clearances
- Education/Credentials/ Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social work, counseling, education or other child care field
Salary: $14.00 – $19.00 Hourly DOE