You can use this sample job description template for the position of Bid Manager as a guide to prepare a real JD for this opening in your organization.
Job Title: Bid Manager
Location of the Job: Lincoln, NE 68516
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Bid Manager is responsible for the development of high quality winning proposals for prospective customers. This entails the management of a multi-disciplined proposal team through the bid development process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Upon satisfactory performance of duties may be considered for Sr. Proposal Specialist II position or Bid Manager Position depending upon individual goals and capabilities and department needs
- Ensures that all work adheres to department performance standards
- Continues to work effectively and cooperatively with all members of Business Communications team
- Ensures that all work adheres to department’s performance standards
- Capable of assuming individual proposal management responsibility (ies) for small to medium sized proposals. May individually manage larger proposal projects
- Consistently manages multiple and more complex section assignments in a professional, timely, technically accurate manner
- Analyzes customer requirements as relayed through requests for proposals (RFPs) within area of specialization and other writing assignments, and guides proposal content accordingly
- Has assumed on-going section responsibility for multiple disciplines and is recognized as the internal resource for information about the disciplines
- Researches and writes proposals sections, and other materials geared toward obtaining new business and retaining existing business
- Ability to absorb and interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with both abstract and tangible variables.
- Must also have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Must have the ability to understand and communicate the essence of financial statements, budgets and cash flow forecasts and be able to generate the same.
- Should have a basic understanding of MRP systems.
- Working knowledge of MS Project and/or Primavera is desired.
- Proficient use of computer with good working knowledge of MS Office and Excel is required.
- MBA is preferred, with 8-10 years related sales or finance experience/training.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering;
- Knowledge of MANAGE 2000 ERP is also desired.
Salary: $13.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE