Use the following sample job description template for the position of Claims Manager for creating your own JD for this opening. All you need to do is replace the requirements in the template with your actual requirements.
Job Title: Claims Manager
Location of the Job: Irving, TX 75038
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Will be responsible for providing direction and leadership to associates along with managing day-to-day operations including scheduling of resources, monitoring of performance, workflow, and budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and analyze significant legal developments and legislative changes in service territories that may impact claim operations; communicates conclusions and recommendations to the appropriate parties.
- Ensure execution of the Quality Assurance Program (CIR program) through identification of strengths and deficiencies of staff and implementation of action plans focused on improved results.
- Establish, document, and communicate claims settlement and reserving authorities for claims staff and grants reserve/settlement authority on cases exceeding supervisor’s’ authority levels.
- Develop leadership skills of supervisors and develop staff to respond to department needs, as well as assisting the Claims staff with career development goals.
- Identify training needs, establish and implement delivery strategy for staff level employees.
- Effectively plan staff responsibilities and manage activities, utilizing staff resources to meet department goals in accordance with established business plans and budgets.
- Select, develop and manage staff to ensure appropriate staffing levels to ensure delivery of timely, high quality customer service.
- Ensure quality management of claims in accordance with best practices
- Develop, recommend and implements short and long term objectives consistent with company business goals, guidelines and programs.
- Must be a team-oriented individual to work with clients, other team members, agents and Insurance companies.
- Experience with AMS 360 is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Be available after hours and on the weekend as needed
- Can review and analyze detailed information for accuracy and completeness
- Willing and able to learn new tasks
- Ability to work efficiently and multi task in a very fast-paced department
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- College degree is preferred.
- The position requires a Property and Casualty License.
- Our ideal candidate will have five or more year’s prior insurance claims experience (broker side).
Salary: $12.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE