This sample job description template for the position of Commercial Manager will help you in preparing a real JD for this opening in your organization.
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Location of the Job: TOLEDO, OH 43614
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Commercial Manager is responsible for managing all commercial aspects of Fugro Pelagos’ activities. This includes business development, sales, marketing, bids and proposals, publicity, and communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend conferences, workshops, technical meetings and business meetings as required.
- Organize, track and report all sales leads.
- Support and review the development of quotations, proposals and tenders.
- Manage and coordinate FPI’s sales activities.
- Manage and coordinate FPI’s marketing activities.
- Establish and maintain a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Review contract terms and conditions and negotiate contracts.
- Acquire and maintain a reasonable understanding of government contracting policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage a department budget.
- Using the strategic business development plan as a roadmap, develop and manage the execution of business plans.
- Support the development and maintenance of FPI’s strategic business plan.
- Acquire and maintain a situation awareness of the company.
- Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of business trends and competition.
- Prepared to travel at least 50% of time
- Well organized, customer oriented and respond quickly to customer requests
- Initiator and motivator with a transparent communication style towards both customers and colleagues
- Team player, open, flexible and committed to results
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch, French and/or German is an asset
- Knowledge of PMR’s sampling and refining capabilities and/or treatment of SAC and its market are an asset
- 3-5 years professional experience, preferably in a field relating to Automotive Catalysts
- A bachelor degree, preferably in engineering
Salary: $12.00 – $14.00 Hourly DOE