Following is a sample job description template for the position of Community Worker:
Job Title: Community Worker
Location of the job: Visalia, CA 93277
Years of Experience: 2+ to 7 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Associate Degree
At APS Healthcare, our mission, quite simply, is to make a significant and positive impact on the healthcare system by changing behaviors and improving outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Physically visiting member’s address.
- Abstract patient charts and insert important claims-based data into including medication and treatment tracking and medical testing due.
- Work with providers to educate and train staff on the APS program and solicit feedback.
- Assist in language and cultural translation.
- Hosting an “information table” at common community areas, events or faith based locations.
- Contacting providers of care.
- Knowledge of workflows and how to develop/refine them
- Ability to identify problems and craft solutions
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent assessment, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- Able to work with a high degree of independence; self-starter, highly motivated
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to write and communicate effectively
- Experience with personal computer using Windows operating system preferred.