Following is a sample job description template for the position of Eligibility Specialist:
Job Title: Eligibility Specialist
Location of the Job: Little Rock, AR 72206
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Eligibility Specialist (ES) should understand company policies, general underwriting guidelines, overall data entry functions of eligibility, have thorough understanding of DCS, have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook, and understand basic filing techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep Manager informed of any eligibility problems as they arise.
- May include, but not limited to, eligibility preparation and bundling, collecting faxes, being cross trained on other department functions such as new group entry, Wal-Mart eligibility updates, address queues, scanning etc.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail for department.
- Filing and maintenance of data entry files.
- Bundling, proofing, and preparation of eligibility for missing or incorrect information.
- Responsible for daily eligibility data entry and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word is essential
- Must be a team player, possess a strong work ethic and be able to coordinate multiple tasks while meeting required deadlines
- Must possess excellent customer service, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must have in depth knowledge of financial aid regulations
- Minimum of two years related work experience in the field of financial aid
- Associate Degree in a related field preferred
Salary: $22.00 – $24.00 Hourly DOE