Find below a sample job description template for the position of GIS Specialist:
Job Title: GIS Specialist
Location of the Job: Washington, DC 20554
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
We are a leading Commercial Real Estate Investment Company experiencing tremendous growth. We currently have an opportunity for a GIS Specialist in our Torrance, California Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Web development experience using HTML and JQuery
- 1-4 years experience with Oracle/Oracle Spatial and/or SDE
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- BA/BS Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Work directly with client to gather requirements
- Evaluate, analyze and compare data sets
- Produce reports related to both geospatial and non-geospatial data
- Create and/or ensure that data contains proper metadata information
- Develop tools and scripts to shepherd data from acquisition through final deployment
- Build validation routines to ensure data accuracy and quality specifications
- Develop tools and scripts to process and prepare vector and/or raster data
- Proficient in MapInfo, ESRI ArcGIS, Google Earth, Adobe Suite
- Exceptional mapping software skills.
- Ability to multi-task and integrate project segments.
- Strong people skills.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of demographics and cartography.
- Related computer experience in mapping/aerial software, Windows applications, spreadsheets, and graphics/desktop publishing.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in mapping and/or aerial support advanced programs.
- Bachelors degree and/or combination of experience and other outside classes in major GIS applications.
Salary: $14.00 – $20.00 Hourly DOE