This sample job description template for the position of Government Contracts Specialist will help you prepare a real JD for this opening in your organization.
Job Title: Government Contracts Specialist
Location of the Job: Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
C&J Equipment Manufacturing, a leader in the natural gas industry, is currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager fluent in government contracting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain contract files in accordance with the DFARS and shall ensure proper audit trails are documented.
- Utility Manager, maintain good business relationships and help to ensure satisfactory performance and to resolve identified issues
- Assistance in conducting negotiations and full documentation of negotiations
- Assistance in cost or price analysis, establishment of negotiation positions
- Analyzes and determines appropriate contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and corporate policies; communicates results to appropriate company personnel
- Work primarily involves A&E Services and construction contracting
- Responsible for performing coordination with subcontracting staff, oversees compliance with company’s supplier diversity program, including adherence with Federal Government Small Business Administration (SBA) requirements and prime contract Small Business Subcontracting Plans
- Assists in the development of contracting plan for projects on base.
- Assists with post-award and contract closeout functions for construction contracts within the base.
- Maintains communication with government representatives in coordination with local
- Government Contracts and/or Federal Acquisition Support
- Ability to conduct Internet Research
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- 3-5 years working in an Information Technology or Engineering Services environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and a desire to take on additional responsibilities and advance within the company
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 Hourly DOE