Here is a sample job description template for the position of Hardware Engineer. This will guide you in preparing a JD for this opening in your company.
Job Title: Hardware Engineer
Location of the Job: Ft Worth, TX 76107
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Key member of the product development team, responsible for hardware design of digital and analog circuit boards, advanced power electronics, and distributed control platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seek out and take appropriate training to stay current with new developments in LabVIEW, instrument technology, fixturing and company tools.
- Develop professional, supportable LabView code and test fixtures that can easily be handed off to other Test Engineers.
- Obtain agreement from Design Engineering and Product Management on tests to be performed.
- Report project status to appropriate personnel.
- Escalate schedule conflicts to project teams and management.
- Develop and publish project schedules based on overall project time lines and priority with respect to other projects.
- Develop and communicate test strategy for assigned products appropriate for the expected volumes and product cost.
- Participate in product development teams to insure Design for Testability (DFT) early in the design cycle.
- Ability to write code with and without an embedded OS.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently on parallel efforts (customer issues, prototyping/architecture, implementation etc).
- Xilinx FGPA, UART, SPI bus, and RFID protocols.
- Understanding of Linux, Windows, Ethernet protocols, SNMP, TCP/IP, DHCP, ARM processors,
- Experience with hardware development and operation is a requirement.
- Masters degree in computer science preferred. Prior experience (5+ years) with firmware and hardware driver development. Bachelor degree in computer science or related discipline.
Salary: $12.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE