In order to guide you in preparing the job description for the position of Information Manager, a sample template is given below.
Job Title: Information Manager
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
This position is responsible for Transition Planning and Support, Change Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Release and Development Management, Service Validation and Testing, Evaluation, and Knowledge Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing planning, budgeting, coordination and tracking of progress for projects and ongoing IT delivery processes
- Define staff objectives by setting clear and measurable goals
- Working collaboratively with management of other departments in the company
- Developing a team competency in the use of structured methods and implementing best practices
- Ensure staff is optimally utilized and customer needs are satisfied in a timely manner with a high degree of skill and satisfaction
- Will assess system and hardware issues and determine appropriate solutions
- Identify and resolve issues, risks, and other considerations related to the implementation of products and services
- Reviewing and analyzing the effectiveness and efficiency of existing IT operations service delivery systems and develop strategies for process/performance improvement
- Supports team and special projects and other duties as assigned and required to maintain unit operations
- Will be responsible for department relations on all system related issues
- Demonstrated integrity on personal as well as professional level.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment in analyzing, appraising, evaluating and solving problems of a difficult procedural, organizational, administrative or technical nature.
- Ability to analyze information related to computer technology and consult with internal department heads and business partners in directing company management in the selection of software and hardware to meet the needs of the organization.
- Well developed problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills along with the ability to use non-technical approaches to train others in the use of computer hardware and software.
- Expert working knowledge of LAN systems and the maintenance and upkeep requirements of an information management system similar to MHM’s.
Salary: $11.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE