The position of Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing marketing and promotion strategies for an assigned line of product in the company. Here is a sample job description template for the post of Marketing Specialist.
Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Marketing Specialist works with the Executive Director Membership Marketing to manage and support marketing activities for assigned accounts. Marketing activities include retail promotion, web merchandising, e-mail, e-commerce, and direct mail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop reseller channels
- Participate in the product definition and strategy
- Web site design and update
- Work with external resources and contractors (when necessary)
- Record videos and create screen captures to market products
- Increase online traffic, downloads and sales
- Create press releases, case studies, marketing white papers and contributed articles/advertorials
- Online product placement and marketing
- Technical and product marketing writing responsibilities
- Excellent computer skills including full proficiency in MS Office productivity suite is required for success in this position.
- Able to prioritize multiple, sometimes competing priorities.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize effectively to meet specific deadlines or goals.
- Ability to effectively accomplish goals while working in a team-based, open-office environment.
- Preference for candidates within the solar industry. Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) are required.
- No less than 5 years of experience in end consumer marketing or channel advertising experience.
- 4 year degree in Marketing or Advertising or related technical discipline, or a combination of education and work experience.