Following is a sample job description template for the position of Media Coordinator:
Job Title: Media Coordinator
Location of the job: Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for implementing marketing outreach strategies to support a public diplomacy initiative that educates and collaborates with international audiences. He/she will resourcefully combine web conferencing and new media tools to build and engage online communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a neutral stance concerning any political or diplomatic topics.
- Manage web presence and content distribution, and monitor audience participation.
- Maximize the use of all forms of social media applications and Web 2.0 tools.
- Lead efforts to capture and engage new audiences, and drive critical mass to the main site.
- Assist the Social Media Manager and New Media Producers in developing and implementing tactical PR and social media marketing strategies to attract and engage foreign audiences.
- Build online communities among the foreign public, including opinion-makers and youth, by addressing topics such as U. Policy, society, values, and a range of bilateral issues.
- Plan, organize, and manage interactive online events such as webcasts and web chats to be hosted for heads of state, embassies, experts, and high-ranking government officials.
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information
- Project management skills
- Understanding of Operations
- Business development
- Press and analyst relations experience
- Strategically focused
- Marketing experience (traditional, new media, guerilla and ‘word of mouth’)
- Expertise with social media tools and techniques
- Creative, motivated, and energetic with demonstrated writing abilities
Salary: $13.00 – $16.00 Hourly DOE