Looking for a sample job description template for the position of Medical Receptionist? Here is what it looks like:
Job Title: Medical Receptionist
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Hiring for Medical Receptionist/Scheduler for busy medical office. Must have a minimum of 2 years experience working in a busy medical office answering phones, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance, etc. Centricity experience is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges with little to no mistakes or supervision required.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records as needed.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answering patients’ questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone and helping the providers follow their schedule to ensure proper patient care.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Candidate should be able to commit for long time working relationship.
- Must be organized, multitask oriented, computer literal and knowledge of SoftDent is a must.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must have 2+ years experience working as a Medical Receptionist.