A sample job description template for the position of Nurse Consultant is given below:
Job Title: Nurse Consultant
Location of the Job: Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
PharMerica Clinical Field Services is recruiting a Full-time Nurse Consultant to join our team servicing the area in and around Lenexa, KS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains relationships with professional organizations and national/state agencies to enhance knowledge base relative to pharmaceutical therapies and education.
- Acts as a performance improvement resource for the pharmacy.
- Perform Customer Service Recovery and Action Plan Management when necessary and be a part of the URU (Urgent Response Unit) team when necessary.
- Plans and conducts pharmacy related nursing education to include physical assessment, wound care, infusion therapy, medication administration education, competency assessment activities, and other relevant topics.
- Perform mock surveys.
- Perform new business start-up implementations when necessary.
- Performs Mar-Med Card audits, Med Records audits, Med Cart Audits, Med Room Audits, and 3-way audits in assigned facilities.
- Reviews nursing home medication pass process and provides feedback.
- Researches current standards, therapies, and other topics as it relates to nursing for pharmacies and long term care facilities.
- Performs other tasks assigned.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- RN designation, with five or more years of relevant clinical experience
Salary: $12.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE