Here is a sample job description template for the position of Office Receptionist:
Job Title: Office Receptionist
Location of the Job: Bakersfield, CA 93301
Years of Experience: 3+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Immediate need for a Front Office Registration / Receptionist in a leading Medical Clinic. Will be responsible for overseeing patient intake and registration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answering patients’ questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Handles disgruntled and dissatisfied customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Gathers information, researches/resolves inquiries and logs customer calls.
- Completes, processes, and maintains applicable paperwork and records.
- Handles customer problems related to product function or the replacement of defective parts.
- Informs customers about services available and assesses customer needs.
- Utilizes computer/on-line guidelines in responding to customer inquiries.
Salary: 10.00 – 13.00 /hour