Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Operations Controller. Don’t forget to edit it to meet the specific requirements of your organization.
Job title: Operations Controller
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The proper candidate will come out of a large, industrial manufacturing corporation with an international reach (not negotiable). You must have had prior exposure to cost accounting environments, inventory planning and MRP systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Directs all internal and external financial reporting analysis for manufacturing.
- Acts as a partner to the business teams, providing financial expertise, including decision support and analysis.
- Manages the maintenance of the standard cost file, as well as standard costs for the S&OP database.
- Performs monthly analysis of the major material commodities, analyzing the prior period trends and forward estimates to determine the impact on the business unit.
- Performs calculations and analysis on actual savings for the business in preparation for plant operation reviews.
- Performs Capital analyses for the division; calculating the ROI, payback and OI impact for capital projects.
- Manages the analysis of Cost of Goods Sold on a monthly and quarterly basis, providing guidance for any fluctuations between periods.
- Directs the manufacturing function during the preparation of the annual budget and strategic plan process.
- Responsible for the consolidation of all satellite plants manufacturing financial performance, analyzing the data to ensure consistency among the locations.
- Directs the roles and activities of the Division’s Plant Controllers located in Oregon, Mexico and China
- Ability to identify and take ownership of issues
- Ability to lead senior level discussions with executives and Operations regional senior management
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Excel; Knowledge of coda and/or Oracle general ledger systems a plus.
- Knowledge of USGAAP and IFRS accounting treatment for new accounting standards.
- 3 years of experience with Operations
- 7+ years of experience in Financial Management
- 7+ years of experience in a senior-level accounting position
- 4+ years of experience managing accounting procedures, processes and controls related to all non-trading related accounting issues including the reconciliations of certain balance sheet accounts.
Salary: $12.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE