A sample job description template for the position of Performance Engineer is given below. Please make necessary changes to reflect your actual requirements.
Job Title: Performance Engineer
Location of the Job: Shelton, CT 06484
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Our client, a large healthcare company in North Haven, CT is looking for a performance engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Profile Java code to identify performance bottlenecks. Make recommendations for possible solutions
- Make recommendation to improve performance of database designs and SQL structures
- Use, and develop as required, testing and monitoring tools to effectively quantify performance
- Analyze performance, reliability and scalability of TRIRIGA platform
- Setup and maintain performance labs
- Design, Document and Publish Benchmarks for Major and Minor releases
- Develop, execute and analyze LoadRunner scripts
- Working knowledge of Java development tools and profilers (e.g. YourKit, Jprofiler).
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Jython, Ant).
- Working knowledge of database tuning and administration (e.g. Oracle, SQLServer, DB2).
- Expert understanding of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization.
- Expert ability to identify / resolve performance bottlenecks in complex server-side Java applications.
- Familiar with common Java frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring, Struts, etc.
- Expert understanding of common patterns of Java memory leaks and ability to identify them.
- Strong understanding of Java concurrency.
Salary: $12.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE