This is a sample job description template for the position of Phone Operator. If there is a similar opening in your organization, you can use this template as a base to prepare your own JD for the position.
Job Title: Phone Operator
Location of the job: Chicago, IL 60632
Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: High School or equivalent
AAA Arizona is looking for a Phone Operator to handle customer inquiries both in person and answers all AAA network-incoming calls according to established procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming calls, provides information and/or relays call to appropriate business line.
- Cross trains for other administrative and clerical duties, as assigned.
- Maintains facility security requirements in accordance with established procedures for security access requests.
- Remains on line with a member, as necessary, to assure service for a problem situation.
- Activates and terminates security badges ID’s as requested by management.
- Provides basic Club information when necessary.
- Administers and maintains the records for the clubs security badge system for employees and visitors
- Performs basic data entry tasks.
- Performs in-person reception duties for any activities that take place at the company.
- Must possess or obtain standard hand tools required for equipment operation
- Must pass standardized mechanical testing
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Basic math skills
- Must have strong commitment to safety
- Ability to lift 50 pounds routinely
- Strong mechanical aptitude and a minimum of 3-5 years operating equipment in a
Salary: $11.50/hr – $12.50/hr