Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Reading Specialist:
Job Title: Reading Specialist
Location of the Job: New York, NY 10128
Years of Experience: 2 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
The New England Center for Children – Abu Dhabi (NECC-AD) has an immediate opening for a Reading Specialist. NECC-AD is a school serving children with autism in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates and is a subsidiary of The New England Center for Children, a world renowned leader in the treatment of children with autism located in Boston, Massachusetts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Reading Specialist will provide direct reading instruction to a young man diagnosed with Autism, PDD from a family that NECC currently serves in Abu Dhabi.
- Maintain data/progress notes and application of evidenced-based research to practice.
- This individual will also provide tutoring services for two or more of his siblings for whom English is a second language.
- Collaboration with other team members to plan individualized programs and communicate learning objectives;
- Implementation of best practices in reading instruction and assessment, including determining the appropriate instructional methods and selection of materials
- Responsibilities of the Reading Specialist shall include individualized reading support and instruction to student(s) based upon their needs;
- Applied Behavioral Analyst (ABA) Tutors
- Elementary Team Chair K-5
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst-District Wide
- High School Pragmatic Learning Center SPED Teacher
- High School Language Based Special Needs Teacher
- Middle School SPED Therapeutic Academic Supportive Teacher
Salary: $13.00 – $15.00 Hourly DOE