Find below a sample job description template for the position of Safety Coordinator:
Job Title: Safety Coordinator
Location of the job: Morris, IL 60450
Years of Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Under direct supervision, the Clinical Safety Coordinator (CSC) performs general administrative safety/project support and assists the Clinical Safety Specialists with the coordination of client projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs weekly/monthly inspections at each plant:
- Weekly coaching on Lockout/Tagout and procedural audits
- Coordinate/lead Safety Committee meetings monthly
- Assist in Accident Management
- Educates staff via weekly safety trainings in English and Spanish
- Assist in coordination, planning and facilitating training seminars for Northfield Morris staff
- Develop Corrective Action Plans with Company Safety Director
- Work alongside managers/employees on EHS issues
- Responsible for EHS Compliance at our Morris site
- Ability to work at all levels within an organization and the ability to work in a diverse work group.
- Skilled in the standards, concepts, practices, and procedures within the safety and environmental fields.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A BA/BS or AD degree in Safety Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- Must have 2 to 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have AUTO CAD experience