Here is a sample job description template for the position of Sales Development Manager:
Job Title: Sales Development Manager
Location of the job: New York, NY 10036
Years of Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
The Marketing Manager will support the advertising sales efforts of the consumer group. Downtown creativity coupled with an uptown sensibility is necessary to extend and enhance client advertising programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategically assess the competitive landscape and prioritize revenue opportunities
- Be a great communicator.
- Understand, create, and package network offerings and opportunities that are customizable and scalable on the essence.com network
- Be able to thrive in a team environment.
- Provide thought leadership about the evolution of advertising, emerging trends, technologies, entertainment and media, especially with regard to the online space
- Create strategic advertising solutions by integrating cross network advertising and sponsorships, market research, and data targeted advertising and analytics into a comprehensive “story” and customer centric advertising solution
- Build internal relationships to facilitate cross disciplinary collaboration with key Essence constituents, including sales and the creative team
- A minimum of 5 years brand marketing, media strategy, sales development and design or advertising agency experience
- Experienced in understanding the sales planning process
- 3 + years in the digital advertising space
- A proven collaborator and relationship builder with experience leading multi-tiered level engagements
- Strong experience in and understanding of digital media and consumer behavior
- Passion for marketing, outspoken advocate for client’s brands
- Passion for the changing media landscape, self educated on the trends in consumer behaviors and inventive ways to reach a targeted audience
- Ability to think strategically, understanding sales needs and translate these needs into compelling concepts and programs