Given below is a sample job description template for the position of Systems Engineer:
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location of the Job: Knoxville, TN 37901
Years of Experience: 1+ to 3 Years
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Conduct a variety of engineering tasks related to the development, operation, and maintenance of complex technology systems. Ensure integration of processes of methodologies to ensure performance of total system. Typically trained in a variety of technical disciplines such as electronics, software, mathematical and scientific specialties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define system level requirements and develop system level architectures.
- Analyzes systems hardware architectures and define improvements.
- Develops prototype systems hardware and firmware.
- May act as Champion for a program that directs software, hardware and mechanical design efforts for a program.
- Systems development scheduling – create and track a schedule for design development and verification.
- System FMEA- Performs a failure mode effect analysis at the system level to drive design improvements.
- Develops system design and verification plan – evaluates customer requirements and produces a technical design specification and verification plan for the engineers.
- Patient with people and the ability to train end users and Partners.
- Can adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent critical thinking and innovation skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent time management skills and punctuality.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- A minimum of one IT related certification (ie. MCSE, MCSA, CCNA etc.).
- 5 years experience in supporting Enterprise infrastructure.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
Salary: $11.00 – $13.00 Hourly DOE